Welcome to FWJ Plus, a new and exciting online feature of Fifth Wednesday Books that we believe will keep you coming back for each new issue in November and in May.
So what makes FWJ Plus different? These stories and poetry are selected by a roundtable of our assistant editors from a carefully pre-screened set of unsolicited submissions, each of which has been vetted by our editorial team and recommended for publication on FWJ Plus.
In these bi-annual additions to FWJ Plus, you will find skillfully crafted, compelling stories and beautiful poems by writers whose names you will see again and again in contemporary American literature.
Table of Contents
- Leslee Becker – Central City
- Liz N. Clift – So It Begins
- Alex Greenberg – Anonymous
- Matt Morgan – The Weight of
- Ellen Stone – Why I became a feminist
- Ghojimuhemmed Muhemmed – I Opened My Door
- Laurie Ann Cedilnik – EWR
- Mykelle Thompson-Graves – Celestial Bodies
- John Walser – The Thames at Night
- John Sibley Williams – [migrations; conceptions]
- N. Marc Mullin – Death in Al-Hasakah
- Lizzy Petersen – My Einstein
- Lizzy Petersen – Before Your Arrival
- Lizzy Petersen – Queased
- Lizzy Petersen – Exhibit
- Lizzy Petersen – The Other Side of the Eyes
- Tom Irwin – Echeconnee Creek
- Andrew Bennett – A Spotted Flicker
- Andrew Bennett – Grandpa at the Hollow
- Andrew Bennett – Nuptials
Andrew Bennett – Take Off
Andrew Bennett – The Cub and the 404
- Michael Gorkin – Aziz
- Lindsay Shadwell – Cockfight
- Andrew Payton – Photography
- Andrew Payton – Cartography
- Jeremy T. Wilson – Welcome to Gorilla City
Help us to make FWJ Plus meet your expectations. Send your comments to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “FWJ Plus” in the subject line.
Editors at Fifth Wednesday Books, Inc